Wednesday 1 April 2015

12 Tags of 2015 March

Hi all!

So this year I decided to join in the fun with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2015

For those who aren't aware of this phenomenon, Tim posts a tutorial for a tag each month on his blog, and invited fellow crafters to give it a go. Some people follow the tutorial exactly, others make a tag inspired by his - either way it's lots of fun!

This project really was a challenge for me! I don't have a lot of Tim Holtz or Ranger products, and I haven't tried many of the techniques that Tim uses. However, this means its a great opportunity to expand my crafting knowledge and skills! Without further ado, here is my March tag:


Boy, did I have fun! The only stencil I had on hand was a polka dot pattern. Some of the circles 'squished' when I heat set the embossing powder, but I think it make it a bit more abstract! I also used distress inks over paints, as I didn't have any.


I went for an ostrich over a butterfly - a little more unique, and I just love this stamp!


Again, short on supplies. I didn't realise how little metal embellishments I have. I decided to go with these cute bronze dragonflies and the cello below to match the musical washi.


This was so much fun to make. It's an unusual style for me, but I love learning new skills. Maybe I haven't mastered them yet, but I'm on my way!

Let me know what you think in the comments below. If you've made a tag yourself, send me a link! If you haven't - give it a try for April.

- Sarah -

No comments:

Post a Comment